At this time of year in the U.S. pumpkin flavours lasts long past Halloween and all the way through Christmas. I especially love pumpkin in warm spiced lattes. The pumpkin gives the latte a sweet and rich flavour, and if you are into Pumkpin pie, this recipe with a twist is a must try!
And at times, when we have to make more sustainable choices than ever, it is nice to have the option to change the regular dairy based whip to an oat base alternative. I really like that Aito has an oat product that is whippable!
Pumpkin spiced latte
2 tablespoons maple syrup
3 tablespoons pumpkin puree (instructions at the bottom)
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground ginger
¼ teaspoon ground allspice (kryddpeppar)
¼ teaspoon ground clove
1 ½ dl Aito Oat Drink
1 ½ dl strong brewed coffee
Aito Oat for Whipping to serve
- In a small saucepan add the maple syrup, pumpkin puree and spices. Heat up on a medium heat and stir. Then add the Aito Oat Drink and whisk together. Warm the mix but do not let it boil.
- Once warm, turn off the heat and add the coffee and stir.
- With a electric whisk, whip the Aito Oat For Whipping in a bowl. You can add the seeds from a vanilla pod for extra flavour.
- Pour into a mug the pumpkin spiced latte mix. Then top with the whipped Aito and serve.
- For the pumpkin puree dice the pumpkin flesh and add to a pot with water, cinnamon stick, star anise, cloves and salt. Bring to a gentle simmer. Then remove pumpkin to a blender with a little of the cooking liquid. Blend until you have a smooth puree.
- If you can’t find pumpkins use butternut squash instead.