Here is a recipe i did for Weber Sverige in the summer. I used the Weber mountain smoker to smoke pork ribs. Included here is recipes for a bbq sauce, dry rub and the technique for perfect smoked ribs.
BBQ Sauce Recipe
250ml tomato Passata
50ml Worcestershire sauce
50ml whiskey, brandy or bourbon (optional)
1 tbsp ginger powder
1 tbsp garlic powder
100g dark brown sugar
30ml apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp smoked paprika
1 tbsp regular paprika
1 tsp salt
1 tsp white pepper
- Place everything into a saucepan and whisk together. Then bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes.
Dry Rub Recipe
4 tablespoons paprika
2 tablespoons ground garlic powder
2 tablespoons ground onion powder
2 tablespoons allspice
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons black pepper
2 tablespoons dry powdered mustard
1 teaspoon salt
- Mix evenly all the ingredients together in a bowl.
Apple Juice Spray
- 200ml apple juice
- 200ml apple cider vinegar
- Using a clean spray bottle. Pour the apple juice and cider vinegar into the bottle. Shake well and set aside. This will be used to spray over the runs while cooking. To keep it moist and add more flavour.
Smoked Baby Back Ribs
2 pieces of pork babyback ribs. (use spare ribs if you can’t find any)
Bbq dry rub seasoning
Apple juice spray
Bbq sauce (homemade or shop bought)
- Remove the membrane from the underside of the ribs. Then liberally coat the ribs in the dry bbq rub. Making sure all sides are covered. Important to do this 1hr before. Don’t marinade ribs over night we want to keep the moisture inside the ribs.
- Light the coals for the smoker. They coals are ready when they are turning white. Spread evenly smoker and place apple wood pieces onto the coals. We should use 6 pieces of apple wood.
- Once the smoker is up to temperature 110c. Place the ribs on the grill in the centre. Leaving a couple of Center meters of space in between. Cover with the lid and leave to smoke for 1hr.
- After 1hr of smoking remove the lid. Spray the surface of the of the ribs evenly with the apple spray. Cover again with lid and smoke for 1hr.
- After 2hrs of smoking remove each rib and place on a piece tin foil. Place 4 knobs of butter on top of the ribs. Spray with more apple spray. Then wrap the ribs up in the foil. Making sure to seal in the juices. Place back onto the grill both ribs wrapped in foil. With the lid back on we are now broiling the ribs for 1 – 2hrs depending on how tender you like your ribs.
- Now the final stage remove the ribs from the tin foil packets. Place on a tray and evenly coat both sides and edges with bbq sauce. Place back on smoker and cover with the lid. Cook for a further 20 to 30 minutes.
- Once cooked the ribs should be moist and tender. With a sticky sweet crust and a nice pink smoke ring from the smoke